Adam Ant is the Blueblack Hussar in Marrying the Gunners Daughter

"I'm alright! I'm back to normal. I'm excited by my work. The definitions of bipolar disorder are – look it up – sexually promiscuous, dressing up funny, behaving in an unusual manner, spending lots of money erratically, and just generally being a nutcase. Well, I don't know a fucking good rock 'n' roller who doesn't fit all the criteria, so lock everybody up! Lock Keith Moon, Pete Townshend, Jimi Hendrix... who would you not lock up? Cliff, maybe? I'm serious. People don't know anything about mental illness. It's bipolar disorder."

UNOFFICIAL ADAM ANT FANSITE - THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE ANT NATION


Tuesday 29 March 2011

Gary Numan

Gary Numan, electro god, mentions Adam's appearence at his gig last year in a recent interview: Adam Ant popped up on one of your shows recently. How was that? A surprise. I didn’t know he was coming. For all his issues, he’s a very interesting bloke to talk to but he turned up at a gig having decided he was going to guest on Cars. We were about to go on and I hadn’t spoken to him about it so I said: ‘Maybe do it at a gig that doesn’t start in two minutes.’ I got told during the gig my wife had a row with him and he wasn’t leaving. We did the encore and he said: ‘I’ll just do the backing vocals,’ and I said: ‘But there aren’t any backing vocals on it.’ He came out anyway and he started this rapping thing about: ‘I’ll get you in my car...’ I’m standing there like, ‘What the f*** is going on?’ and the fans were there with their mouths open. It was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment